Respondent is a two-sided marketplace that connects market and user researchers with the highest quality research participants in the world. Our platform gives researchers a single place to quickly find the right participants for their projects, as well as schedule and pay them instantly. It simplifies the work that’s necessary to conducting quality research. Companies like IBM, Airbnb, Uber, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble and many more trust and integrate us into their research processes.
We are a small, quickly growing, fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location (right now, everyone works in a continental US Time Zone). All of our employees have areas of expertise as well as a wide breadth of knowledge in their domains. This blog post shares more insight into how we work successfully as a distributed team.
- Build frontend applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Work closely with our product team, quality assurance, and other engineers
- Work across multiple verticals (and get your hands dirty) in a startup environment
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end
- Work with and improve processes
- Exhibit user empathy
Who are you?
- 4+ years of experience with modern JS frameworks (Vue, React, AngularJS, Angular 2+)
- Skilled in or interested in learning Vue.js (prior Vue experience is a plus!)
- Knowledgeable about unit testing, CI/CD, and common JS build/task runners like Webpack and Gulp
- Experienced in scaling code and optimizing web performance
- A voracious learner who is always researching
- Previous experience in a startup or small team where you had deep ownership of your work (and saw huge impact)
- An excellent communicator who gives and receives feedback effectively
- A lover of process and process improvement
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. As a small, growing company we work together to get everything done. For engineers that means daily standups, contributing to documentation, and working on things in different departments. Our values are: Always Researching, Ownership, Active Honesty, and Thriving Together. Read more about them here.
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diversified team around the US and world. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from a continental US Time Zone (this does not have to be in the US itself, but rather must be in a US Time Zone: ex. Mexico City, Mexico)
- A full office set up, including a Macbook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for US-based employees covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non-US employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short Term Disability covered at 100% for all US-based employees
- Dental and Vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for US-based employees
- Four weeks of flexible vacation (need a bit more for religious or country holidays–no problem!)
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in-person: our last two were in New Orleans and San Antonio!
- Engineering hackathons and other opportunities for personal growth