We’re out to fix online advertising for everybody, and we’re looking for bright, growth-minded people to help us on this journey!
Founded in 2015, Toronto-based Blockthrough is the world’s leading adblock revenue recovery platform for publishers. Blockthrough helps publishers recover revenue lost to adblocking by creating safe, unintrusive ad experiences that leverage the publisher's existing monetization partners, including their header bidding demand. With a transparent, reliable platform that boasts >99% uptime and robust analytics, Blockthrough offers the most comprehensive adblock revenue recovery solution in the market. We work with some of the biggest publishers in the world, and are backed by former execs and employees from some of the top companies in the space, including Google, AppNexus, Rubicon Project, LiveRamp and more.
We're growing fast and need talented people to help support our growth. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor with an exciting startup with a smart, talented and tight-knit team disrupting the ad tech industry.
We believe in running a company that's fair, transparent & fun, where teammates feel fulfilled and people at all levels of the organization are adequately rewarded for their hard work. Some of our core values are humility, innovation, reliability, and transparency; we have a strict no-assholes policy.
We’re looking for a bright, innovative and growth-minded Full-Stack Engineer to join us. You’ll be on the front lines building and maintaining our platform’s core ad tech components which are revolutionizing the industry. Your role will feature technical challenges, as well plenty of opportunities to advance our engineering practices and shape the company’s vision and products.
What You’ll Be Doing
Your responsibilities will revolve primarily around the enhancement and maintenance of our core ad technology platform. Specifically, this will involve:
• Designing, developing and maintaining integrations with other ad tech platforms
• Designing and developing our header bidder and yield optimization systems
• Providing coaching and mentorship to junior team members
Our ideal candidate is a fast learner who thrives in a flexible work environment. As a natural problem solver, you can anticipate industry changes and customer needs. Wearing multiple hats and adapting to new responsibilities as the company evolves is critical. This Full-Stack Engineer role emphasizes team collaboration as well as leadership in your areas of expertise.
You'll find fulfillment in the role if you are enthusiastic about going beyond theoretical concepts to applying your ideas and skills to products changing the very nature of the advertising industry. Our developers work alongside our business teams in collaborative efforts to capture market opportunities and improve internal operations. If both the challenges and opportunities of the early and growth stages of a business excite you, then you will fit right in!
• Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem and experience designing and building integrations between 3rd party ad tech platforms, particularly: RTB, SSP, ad serving, ad exchange and header bidding technologies
• Experience working with SQL (e.g., PrestoDB, PostgreSQL) or Time Series Databases (e.g., Graphite, Druid)
• Strong communication skills
• Works collaboratively in a team environment
Bonus if you have:
• Experience with image processing or pattern recognition
• DevOps experience, particularly AWS and Docker
• Experience working on real-time high-throughput or distributed systems
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Knowledge of the intricacies of working with different browsers (vendors, versions)
Benefits & Perks
• Fantastic modern office in OneEleven’s Toronto scale-up hub (massive kitchen, free tea and coffee, ping pong, foosball and Toronto’s most promising fellow startups as neighbours)
• Opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, mentorship programs
• Four weeks paid vacation
• Flexibility to work from home and outside standard office hours
• Premium employee health and dental benefit plan
• Generous parental leave benefits
• Generous stock options