We are looking for a Java Backend Software Engineer to join our team to make managing vacation rentals easier, more fun, and more profitable. We are looking for candidates who can take on some of the core product functionalities while maintaining and expanding our infrastructure. This is an individual back-end engineering role that can evolve into a Director role as the company grows.
In this role, you will:
• Shore up existing functionality in the product to increase performance and operability
• Build expertise in the ins and outs of our tech infrastructure, devising ways to optimize and scale
• Work closely with the small but mighty engineering team (currently 3 full time people)
• Report directly to the CTO (Stephan), who was formerly CTO and CPO at several VC-backed software platform startups in high growth mode including Intweetiv and Pitchbrite
Ideally, you are:
• Eager to learn and take on a big role where you have a lot of responsibility
• Excited to learn: Systems, strategies, and operations
• Data-focused; you love using data to find ways to improve
• A self-starter and educator, wanting to try things out and immerse yourself in industry best practices
• Collaborative and communicative. Our small team requires it!
• Happy to learn the lessons from mistakes (which are welcomed) so that you can improve