I am looking for experience Java software engineering professionals who are interested in career opportunities in high-tech domain in Eindhoven, Netherlands.
As a Java Developer you will join one of the multinational Scrum teams to create state-of-the-art software solutions. Teams are composed of five to ten developer, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. My client is committed to following a (scaled) Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. In all teams they cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. They use tools like Continuous Integration with GIT, Jira and Bamboo. They move fast to help their customers reach their goals, and they strive to create reliable and well-tested software; because failures in my client's software stack can severely impact customers' operations.
All these dedicated Java teams work in unison on different products and platforms across the company. Here’s a brief description of what the different Java teams do:
- Create software infrastructure using Java EE, which provides access to SQL and NoSQL storage, reliably manages job queues with switch-over and fail-over features, periodically collects of information from networked systems in the Fab and offers big-data-like storage and computational capabilities;
- Create on-site solutions that continuously monitors all scanners in a customer’s domain. The server can detect system failures before they happen and identify needed corrective actions.
- Provide industrial automation tasks that take care of unattended complex adjustments to the manufacturing process, in order to enable highest yields in high volume manufacturing;
- Implement and validate algorithms that give their customers the power to reach optimal results during manufacturing;
- Create applications that help fine-tune the manufacturing process, helping process engineers to navigate the complexities of process set-up through excellent UX design.
- Use emerging technologies to turn vision into reality, e.g. using big data and machine learning.
- Designing and implementing software, working on the product backlog defined by the Product Owner;
- Ensuring the quality of personal deliverables by designing and implementing automated tests on unit and integration levels;
- Cooperating with other teams to ensure consistent implementation of the architecture and agreeing on interfaces and timing of cross-team deliveries;
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, and solving integration issues both from internal alpha and beta tests as well as those reported by their customers;
- Writing or updating product documentation in accordance with company processes;
- Suggesting improvements to the technical solutions and way of working, and implementing them in alignment with your team and their stakeholders.
Main technologies: Java SE and EE ranging from 1.8 and beyond. Junit, Mockito, XML, SQL, JSON, Linux, Hibernate, Git, JIRA, JBoss.
- A relevant bachelor or higher in the area of IT, computer science, mathematics, physics or electronics.
- At least 5+ years of Java SE or Java EE development experience in (micro) services architectures
- JBoss, Wildfly application servers, microservice architecture
- Experience with multithreading & multiprocessing.
- Memory complexity (memory optimization techniques, lazy loading, peak usage, performance tuning for algorithms, experience with a profiler app etc.)
- Good knowledge of Garbage Collection
- Experience with software design/architecture